Monday, July 16, 2012

Proof I'm a Mom

 John and I just went on an amazing 4 day vacation to sunny San Fransisco. It was needed. It was enjoyed and completely lived up. It was romantic and fun. It was AWESOME!

 While I was happy for the break, and the alone time with the guy I LOVE the most, there were a few things that made me realize that once you are a mom, there is no forgetting or turning back. You are a mom FOREVER,  no matter how hard you try to set it aside for a bit.

#1. I called/texted my mom roughly 5-10 times a day to check on how things were going. Not because I didn't trust her, but because I just missed the kids.
#2. John and I talked about the kids ALL the time!!!! "Oh, Cache would have loved this!!!!" "Do you remember that funny thing Season did?" "Our next vacation we'll do this with the kids." "Oh your kids are so cute! Ours are with the grandparents right now, do you want to see a picture?" Yep, I went there!
#3. I scrolled through my pictures saved on my phone at least once a day to see my cute kids. They are just so cute!!!
#4. We almost missed our flight back, and just ask John how panicked I was that we might not make it back and it would delay my reunion with my kids. Just ask him how hard I was trying to restrain myself from exploding! He thinks it's hilarious, and I do too now, but at the time I really was serious when I suggested we just cut in front of everyone in the security line and let them know we have a 6 AM flight to catch so we can see our kids, since it was 5:55AM. We didn't though.
#5. Since we were going to miss our flight I ran, the fastest I've ran EVER, and bare foot, all the way through the air port. I didn't care what I looked like or who was watching! We totally "Home Aloned" it and just barely made our flight. It was nothing short of  a miracle, and I said a silent prayer when we sat down of gratitude because I was so excited to see my kids again. 
#6. The drive from the air port to our house felt long!!!!! And then when we did get home I was so anxious to leave to get to my parents house I couldn't get out the door fast enough. The total trip was more than 4 hours. Just thinking of seeing my kids was making me want to cry for joy, but John told me I couldn't actually do that when I saw them, since that might upset them. :)
#7. When I finally got my arms around them I didn't want to let go, and neither did they. Oh I just love them!!!! Now I'm excited for our next vacation with the whole family.

 

“Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” ~Elizabeth Stone


Proof John is a Dad: First thing he said Sunday night was, "When do we drop the kids off for our vacation this next week?" Oh Dads! I swear he really does love them too! ;-)


PS. Pictures of the actual trip coming soon! :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love you Ann! Your sweet kids are so blessed to be yours. We miss you all!