Smart
Sassy
Stubborn
Silly
Strong
Selective
Spirited
Social
Self -Confident
Sensitive
Sweet
SEASON
I can't find Season's 15 mo stats but she was LITTLE. Probably in the 30 something percentile for height, but like the 3rd for weight or something, and just barely 20 lbs.
Season talks A LOT! Words you can actually understand!!!! Some funny words she says are lolo(Stroller), Melmo(Elmo). She says something like DA for Cache, and says her cousin Lainey's name clear as day and says Ma for her cousin Grahm, only because that's what Cache called him for forever. She actually knows all the family names, just doesn't always say them when asked. She's stringing words together that I can actually understand. She's probably done this for awhile now, but I just didn't recognize it. "I don't know", "Where's Candy?", and "Daddy at work", "I stuck", are the only ones I can think of right now, but there is more. She knows every animal sound and says them every time she sees that particular animal on TV, in a book, or in person. When she says yeah or no she means it! Unless you ask her if she's poopy. She will lie to you then.
She's still my little foodie. Last night I set her on the counter while I went to fill her sippy with water. There she found a bag of chips that she helped herself too. She held on for dear life to the chips she had in each hand when I tried to pull her away so I decided not to fight that particular battle right then and let her have them until I started rocking her to sleep. Once I sat down and started rocking she was still holding on so I gave her a bit more time with her chips. Bit by bit, alternating hands and chips, she slowly but methodically ate away. At one point I looked down to find that her head was nodding and her eyes were closed, never missing a beat. I decided that was it! I will not have a sleep eater and pried them out of her hands as she wailed. This girl loves her food. In fact if you ever want to hold her, and she is resistant, have some goodie in hand ready to feed her and she'll probably come to you. This is not fool proof though, she is a girl and therefore has the right to change her mind about anything or anyone at any time. She is the happiest when she is eating though. :) Right now she is asking me for candy.
Season loves animals, especially dogs, but usually from a distance. Our neighbors dog, Dozer, is the only exception and she will pet him. She LOVES babies, especially the real ones. Most babies love other babies and she is no different.
Accessories are still fascinating to Season. She likes to have her hair done and put a bow in, but she rarely leaves it in. She admires my earrings all the time, and I'm fully expecting to argue with her later on about how old she will have to be get her ears pierced. Bags and purses are found all over the house because she will put them on and say, "Bye" and pretend to go out. She likes hats but won't keep them on long. She loved her bracelet before it broke, I should probably get her a new one.
Season likes to pick her own clothes and gets mad when I don't agree with her choice. Her favorite thing to wear is her new Elmo pajamas, and she always asks to wear a jacket. Right after she gets dressed she always says, "I pretty" with a little rub of her shirt and her head cocked to one side, and you are expected to Oooh and Ahhh over what she is wearing, praising and adoring her.
She still loves her shoes and asks for them before she goes to bed, and right when she gets up. If I take them off during the day she is upset, but this girl gets REALLY stinky feet, so I try to have her go barefoot as much as I can.
Season loves singing and dancing and knows all the actions to Popcorn and Wheels on the Bus. She loves climbing on EVERYTHING, is going down the stairs forwards now, which I thought was impossible because her legs are so short, but of course, if I say she can't she proves me wrong.
She would prefer to be outside than anywhere else and wishes she was big like the other kids in the neighborhood so she could ride a bike like them. I expect one day I'll walk out and she'll be riding a two wheeler soon. She is determined! At the park her favorite place is the bottom of the slide, she also likes the swings.
Season usually takes one nap early in the day for an 1-2 1/2 hours, and then later on she usually tries to squeeze another one in either in her highchair or the car sometime around 5. I'm not opposed to afternoon naps, but I've never been one for schedules so you just never know what we'll be doing at that time. She sleeps the whole night now, and wakes up usually around 6:45 or so. Cache still wakes up earlier than her!
Cache is still Season's idol. She copies everything he does and follows him around. They really are so cute together. If it weren't for Cache, Season would not be as social as she is. Cache taught her to say hi to everyone in the store or at church. He taught her how to tease and has shown her how to be happy. She learns all her dance moves from him, which is super funny. Right now he is teaching her how to swing the cord to the blinds and go, "Whoooooaaaa!!!!" Lovely.
Season can be really so sweet and cuddly. One minute I will want to tear my hair out after I've thrown her into her crib because she's throwing a major tantrum, and the next minute she'll melt my heart with her cuddles, hugs and kisses. I think she's bi-polar, John thinks she's just a girl. :) I've asked my mom if I was ever like that and she says no, maybe she just doesn't remember or something. One thing I know for sure is that if I don't read my scriptures and pray for patience that day, our day does not go as well.
There's so much that I could say, but will save it for another novel, another day. :)
We love our Season Girl.










1 comment:
I can't believe she's talking! What a smartie!
Post a Comment