We had a good Christmas. The kids didn't wake up till 7:30!!!!!!! It was a Christmas Miracle! They were so excited. I could hear Season say, "Wake Up Cache! Santa! Presents!" She understood and remembered way more than I expected, but I shouldn't have been surprised. The kids were so excited to see all that Santa had brought and then we were mean and made them wait to open anything till Aunt Kay Kay and Uncle Matt could be there.
While we waited we ate our traditional Orange French Toast, had Bacon and eggs and it was all DELICIOUS as usual.
Kay and Matt got there just in time and we were able to dig into the presents. Season was feeling a little under the weather so John really had to help her open her presents poor girl, for being so excited at the beginning she faded pretty fast. That is until she opened her stroller she'd been asking for. We made her open that last since we knew she wouldn't want to do anything else but play with it. Every day since, that is the first thing she wakes up and plays with.Before Christmas, when Cache was asked what he wanted, his response was always, "A Vacuum." So that's what Santa brought him. He was super excited as well.
We were all blessed and spoiled, and enjoyed watching the kids get excited over each thing they opened. Kids at Christmas are the best!
After the present opening we started preparing dinner. The kids attempted a nap and we just hung out until Brian and Krista could join us for dinner. It was fun to have everybody here.
On the Menu: Dad's Delicious Ham, Sweet Potatoes, Cheesy Potatoes, Veggie Tray, Fruit Salad, Rolls, Corn. It was all yummy.
Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures :(
After dinner Kayla and Matt had to take off so they could get back to work and Brian and Krista got to open their presents and we hung out some more until they had to start heading back too.
It was a good day spent with family and remembering all our blessings. I was tired at the end of it, and happy. I think we all were. :)
Our house didn't recover for several days after as I struggled to figure out how to organize all the new toys and go through and DI unneededs (I can make up that word right?) . I always feel overwhelmed after Christmas with too much stuff and I really look forward to the decluttering/getting rid of part.
I was actually kind of excited to take down Christmas and let my house be bare for January. Last year it really bothered me, but this time around I've enjoyed the simplicity and haven't made any attempt to change it. I decided that Simplicity was going to be something for me to work on for the next year. (I got that idea from you Katrina.) and so what better way, than to start it right after Christmas. I still have a long way to go though, believe me. :)
Amid all the chaos of Christmas I don't know that I expressed my testimony of my Savior and brought that focus into our home as much as I could. Oh we didn't forget, but there's always room for improvement. I truly am thankful for his birth, life, death and everything it means for each of us. What a great Birthday to celebrate.
We did talk a lot about what we'd like to give Christ for his Birthday and I hope he is happy with our gifts and not disappointed he didn't get a car transported like Cache wanted to give him. :)










No comments:
Post a Comment