Dear December,
You have officially kicked my butt for the 2nd year in a row. You started early this year. The day after Thanksgiving even, when John had to work till 8 pm. Luckily my family had been staying with me, so I was able to get a bit of Black Friday shopping done. Whew!
Then you tried to throw me for a loop when the YW Pres (me) and the YM Pres got asked to plan our Ward Christmas Party/Breakfast. Thankfully the YM Pres took care of most of the food. Whew! That left me in charge of drinks, paper products, decorations, set up, invites/advertising, entertainment, and take down.
The Party did turn out well despite your efforts. We had Swedish Pancakes made by a wonderful man in our ward, Brother Miles, and without Sister Burger's help we all would have been lost. We owe all pictures to Brother Burger. They turned out great!
For the center pieces we wrapped about 80 mostly empty boxes
(some of them might have had rice-a-roni, soap, phone books, or Band-Aids in them from my storage) and sprinkled M&Ms. Luckily I had help wrapping and decorating!
 |
| Wrapping! |
 |
| More Wrapping! |
Shout outs to Ann, Kami, the Booths, Michelle, Trina, the Wests, my wonderful in-laws, and of course John. Ann brought a friend as well that helped a ton, but I didn't catch her name. I am truly thankful for my awesome ward friends and family.
 |
| Reaching for the M&Ms of course |
 |
| My child is the only one not looking! |
 |
| Live JIB JAB performance. Done by special elves pretending to be the members in our Bishopric.Can you tell who the middle elf is? |
 |
| They had it all choreographed and everything! It was hilarious and I had someone video but just need to get the copy of it. |
 |
| Our Bishop reading the story, The Christmas Train. |
 |
| Season stealing baby Jesus from the manger |
 |
| Cache stealing baby Jesus from the manger. |
 |
| Our family in the Manger |
 |
| And again. |
There were only a few battles you won in that War. Like when I kept forgetting to pay our Preschool tuition, or when I made the other ward mad at me for setting up too early apparently. Ooops. Also, I didn't get Thank You's out like I should have for that huge event that I had tons of help with and I'm feeling bad about that. But lots of people showed up, they talked, laughed, ate, got family pictures, and were spiritually fed. It was a success in the end. So I won the War!
Sincerely,
Anna
No comments:
Post a Comment