First to pack are the bookshelves. I've been looking at the books we own and already have a big bag going to DI because I've read the book once and have no plans to read it again, or I've never read it and don't plan to. I find myself wondering why I ever owned some of these in the first place instead of checking them out at the Library or borrowing them. Funny what we think we must have at the moment and then later realize it wasn't worth the cost.
Not our building but you get the idea from the picture and don't you just love the mountains in the background??
Also we are excited about our 2 car garage. It will be so nice for John to not have to scrape off his windshield at 5 AM to go to work in the winter.
And finally, AC! Oh I'm excited for this summer! The past few years I've almost dreaded it not having AC.
There are a lot more great things that we are excited about in this new home.We were really blessed in finding it and on such a good deal too. We look forward to the next few years and seeing our kids grow up a bit more there.
There is only one thing I'm sad about and that is leaving our ward. Oh how I've grown to love the people in this area. There's such a good mix of mature and less mature families here. I've loved my calling in Young Womens and we've made so many good friends. Change is good, and in this case we are really excited about every part of it except this.
It's a good thing the church is true no matter where you go. The other day as I was making myself sad all over again I was reminded of how no matter where you are in the world the teachings of the gospel in our church are the same. I would be receiving the same lessons and feeling the same spirit across town or on the other side of the world. That truly is amazing to me and another testament to the truthfulness of the restored gospel. I know there's more I could say about that but I'll leave it for my next talk or lesson in church. :)

2 comments:
The kids are so cute and growing so fast! Thanks for the pictures.
We still miss the old ward, but we are grateful for our new ward and the new friends we are making. You're right--the church is true wherever you go, and if you're willing, the Lord will give you opportunities to serve as well. Good luck with the move!
That's where we live!!!! Yay! We'll be neighbors and you'll be in our ward! Where is your home?
Post a Comment