Thursday, April 21, 2011

Stitches

 Well, it happened. He finally REALLY hurt himself. This week Cache has been so accident prone. Actually the last several weeks. He's fallen at the park several times, at church right on his head over the back of the bench and then through the hole in the back of the foldable chair. Yesterday he just kept tripping over everything and finally he tripped over his own foot right into the bookshelf in the hall while running to see what I was putting away in his room.Ugh! How children live to age two and beyond I'll never know! 

So we went to Insta Care first. They couldn't help him since he was going to have to be sedated so to the ER we went. He was quite brave until they started to try to put the IV in him. That didn't work so well  even with 3 nurses and John and I trying to hold him down and distract him. He was stronger than all of us. So we ended up doing a shot in his leg which put him right out. In 15 minutes he was all stitched up and starting to come out of the medicine. That was the worst part for us. He looked like he had cerebral palsy or something. Scared me half to death worrying if we'd just ruined our kid for the rest of his life, but when John asked him to give him knuckles and he held up his fist I got a huge wave of relief. He had a hard time holding up his head and when we tried to get him to walk he fell right over, we really should have taken some video of that part.

He was given something to help him forget the sedation and stitching but he remembers everything else and is normal and I'm just so grateful. It could have been much worse. So... 5 stitches later he's all taken care of and will get the stitches out again in 5 days. Now the hard part is getting him to not play with them. 

Today I get stressed out every time he gets up on a chair or anything. I hope we all survive this age. :)


In Dave and Paige's truck headed to the ER. I'm so grateful they were there with me. It would have been difficult trying to juggle him and the crying Season. Cache cried less than her I'm pretty sure. 

 He smiled and talked the whole way there. Crazy kid. :)

 The phone of course was the best distraction.

 All knocked out.
 Not so bad.
All knocked out again. Not my favorite part. Better than him screaming the whole time I suppose.

4 comments:

Josh and Emily Armstrong said...

Poor lil guy! He is one brave kid!

Traci said...

Oh man, that's my biggest fear, (I probably shouldn't admit it thought :) ) It doesn't look too bad though, poor guy! Those silly boys always find a way to get into trouble and hurt themselves.... I'm with you, how they live past 2 I have no idea!
Hope you're doing well too.

katrina said...

Scary! I'm terrified of having to deal with something like that, but it looks like you handled it pretty well. Cache is a cute little man!

julie said...

so sad to watch! Ethan fell on a chair in sunbeams and we had to get stitches. He didn't have to get sedated, yay!, but we did have to hold him down. Poor kid. Builds character right?