Monday, January 9, 2012

The Book of Mormon



 On Dec 31 our little family finished the Book of Mormon for the second time, I think, in the 5 years we've been married. We didn't plan it that way, it just happened, and I found myself pondering a lot over this in the following days. That night as we read Moroni's promise,( Moroni 10: 3-5) the spirit hit  me, like it always does when I read that passage. Flash backs of the many times I'd read this in my youth, on my mission, and during my college years came rushing into my mind.

The promise states (to paraphrase): that when you read these things ( the Book of Mormon), to ask God if they are true, and if they are he will manifest the truth of it to you through the power of the Holy Ghost and it is through that same power that you can know the truth of all things. That's an amazing promise to know the truth, the thing which so many people travel far and study much to know.

Every time I've read The Book of Mormon I've done just that, after reading this promise. I pray to know if it is true. And every time I get a sweet peaceful feeling that yes, the teachings of Christ in this book are TRUE! Christ really did come to the Americas. The prophets from Lehi and Nephi, to Alma and Moroni all testified of him. The things they taught to their people and through the scriptures to us really are the way we can make it back to our Heavenly Father through Christ.

How grateful I am for this wonderful book. I wish I had kept track of how many times I'd read it but I guess it doesn't really matter. I will continue to read it on my own and with my family for the rest of my life because of the sweet spirit it brings into my home, and because of how it strengthens my testimony in my Savior, Jesus Christ, and makes me want to be a better person.

2 comments:

Dave and Alisha said...

Anna you are such a cute mom!! I love this post thank you!

Taiya Brown said...

Awesome!! Cam and I just finished for the FIRST time and I'm so happy to be able to say that:)