Monday, January 23, 2012

This Morning

I must start by saying that last night was not the best for Season. She only woke up once but then refused to be put back in her bed, and since I have a hard time sleeping well with her in my bed it was another long night. Once I finally got her settled back in her bed I got about an hour before she woke up again at 5:30 am. I brought her back into my bed to feed her and then tried to transfer her back to her bed. She faked sleep for probably 10 minutes and then the crying started. Once it starts it DOES NOT STOP! But I was tired and frustrated so I was doing my best to ignore it.

Pretty soon I heard little feet coming down the hall which meant Cache would be in my room soon saying, "Mommy, ahmote (remote)" wanting to watch Curious George. But he didn't come in. I sat up to see what happened to him. He was standing at Season's door listening to her cry. Then he went in and the crying stopped after he said, "Baby Hieeeeeeeee!" in a cute high voice, over and over again. I knew what he must be doing since this is not the first time he's gone into her room to check on her. I could picture him climbing in her crib and laying down with her. I listened as Cache and Season talked to each other for a little while. When Season would start to cry again I would hear Cache say, "No cry Baby,"  in a sweet concerned voice and then Season would talk and babble something back to him.

Pretty soon I heard them both bouncing in the crib and laughing. At one point Cache came running in my room and I pretended to sleep to see what would happen, but then Season started complaining and so he ran back into her room and tried to explain by saying, "I get mommy awake baby."  He realized he wouldn't be able to leave her without her complaining again so he crawled back in her crib and just started yelling for me. " Mommy! Mommy!! MOMMY!" until I finally answered, "Yes, Cache."
 "Baby Awake Mommy!" he explained, and then I went in to find them happy and jumping again.

It's mornings like this that I wake up a bit happier than the usual grumpy tired mommy.


7 comments:

Debbie said...

That is so precious! What a good big brother.

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

LOL, oh we all have had days like this. You are a good mama!

Cassidy&Dustin said...

How cute! I love Cache :)

*LaUrA* said...

Best Big Brother EVER!! That is seriously so sweet!

Lisa said...

What a sweet kid! I love that Cache. I feel tired for you too! I really think lack of sleep is the hardest part of parenting.

Emily said...

What a sweet story, I'm glad you documented it. Those are the best moments as a mom!

Josh and Emily Armstrong said...

How cute is that! Cache sure has a big heart! And sweet little season is lucky to have such a good brother! LOVE THEM