Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Growing Monsters

The kids and John have a new language. John calls it their Monster Talk. It begins when John growls to Cache at the dinner table, "Cache, what are you doing?". And Cache growls back some gibberish or maybe even says, "Eating" in his growly voice, and then Season starts growling away in her own language. 

They talk like this for several minutes all the while laughing and giggling and trying to get me to join in, which I never do. I let it be their special thing. I don't know when it started, but I'm pretty sure it's a permanent thing now and I think it's awesome. So, if you hear some growls over at our house, we're not mad, we're just growing a few monster talkers.



2 comments:

Marilyn said...

That's awesome. Dad's are goofy like that!

julie said...

I did think of you while we were in Logan canyon. Does that count? Yeah, we're lame. But if I came to visit, you'd have to give me Season for keeps.