My Season Girl is one and we are loving her at this age. Part of me is a little sad at how fast her baby years are flying, but for the most part we are just enjoying the now.
| She's really good at the serious face. |
Season's 1 year stats:
Weight: 17 lbs 12 oz - 6% She's just a little thing.
Height: 28 1/4 in - 24 %
| The Teddy Picture |
She's walking more and more each day. I'm often surprised at the things she's mimicking, in action and speech. She's a smart little cookie. She's still got a fire-y temper when she's mad, but is mostly sweet and loving.
Nursing. Oh Nursing. My goal was to stop when Season turned one. I felt very strongly that she needed to be nursed only till then. I've been worried about the transition, as most people I have talked to lately know well. I've asked for lots of advice and prayed hard. The week before Season turned one was a hard sleeping one for us all. Season would stay up 2-3 hours a night and wake up at least 3 times. She wanted to be nursed constantly and I was so nervous about my sanity and hers as we made the switch. I feel like we have been very blessed through the whole transition. I've been blessed to be more patient during her tantrums. We've been blessed to find great products that seem to work for her ( pediasure and a great homeopathic teething tablet). John has even been able to get her to go to sleep a few times, and all of our efforts are proving to help her sleep better at nights. YAY!!! There's been a few nights in the last couple of weeks that Season has slept for anywhere from 6-8 hours! I wasn't sure what to do with all that sleep at first. :) I've even gotten a couple of naps out of her that are longer than 45! Wahoo!
It's been 4 days since I've nursed her and we are both still alive and well.
Reflecting on this last year with nursing in mind, I'm grateful that I was able to do it. I fought hard to be able to at first because I knew that we both needed it. Whether it was for the bonding, health, or my weight loss the intentions were the best. :) It was good, and worth the sleepless nights if it helps us with those things. Especially the bonding part.
My baby girl is a strong willed little princess. She knows what she wants and is starting to do whatever it takes to get it. In return I've been able to figure out her needs compared to her wants and we are better off because of it.
We love our Season sooo sooo much and are thankful for all she is teaching us.
5 comments:
Wow that went by so fast! That means only a few months till my baby is one. It's sad how quick time goes by. She looks so cute in these pictures!
Anna your kids are so cute! I am glad things are working out well with not nursing and that she is starting to figure out sleeping! Yeah!!
Oh she's just beautiful! What adorable pictures! And good job on the nursing, you're awesome... it's definitly not easy, going that long, and then stopping. Glad the transition was so good on both of you, and awesome that she's sleeping better!
Im so glad to hear youre doing good with switching nursing and with Pediasure.
This is such a cute post and the pictures below are adorable!
we need to do another playdate?
Such a little darlin'! Can't even believe she's one!!
Post a Comment