I woke up this morning a little more rested. Season woke up once at 3:30 am and needed a drink of water and a little snuggle, but then went right back to sleep. Cache woke up sometime after John left, it was still dark and I was tired, so I layed him next to me with strict instructions to go back to sleep. He listened! Season slept until about 7:30 am and then we were all up at that point, which was ok. That was more rest than I usually get.
We watched a little bit of George and "The Cat in the Hat" before I dared to venture out. I like those moments when we get to all snuggle in bed. The only thing that would have made it better is if John had been there too.
I finally got out of bed to respond to a text from our phone provider saying that for the second month in a row they couldn't withdraw our payment through easy pay. We still don't know why. We have the money and the account info hasn't been changed. So annoying! Whatever.
As I got up I looked out the window to check the running weather. Rainy today. I guess I won't run again, for the 3rd day in a row this week. I can't wait to get the stroller weather shield I ordered in the mail. Then it will be running rain or shine. Wahoo!
Breakfast this morning was Cereal. As soon as I pulled it out of the cupboard Season got all excited and started making monkey sounds until I put her in her chair and poured some dry Cheerios on her tray. She then proceeded to SHOVEL them in her mouth. So funny to watch. Cache insisted on a regular cup instead of his sippy this morning and after a little convincing I finally got it away from him so we could "Tell Heavenly Father thank you for the food." He said "amen" extra loud today. Then he poured his whole cup of milk into the already milky cereal bowl and drank it with the spoon. Silly boy. Also, quite funny to watch.
As we ate I read the paper, listed to a little bit of the Today Show in the background, talked to my mom on the phone, and of course entertained the kids. All at the same time. I'm thinking I may have to get rid of one or a few of those items. I mean, I'm good at multitasking, but I'm sure I could have put more into entertaining the kids. I'll call that one of the less productive breakfasts I've had, even though I was doing many things at one time.
Got the dishes done! Yay! Even tidied up a bit before we came upstairs. I usually turn on Mickey Mouse while I'm cleaning so the kids can be distracted when they aren't helping me. Cache is still a really good little helper, now it's mostly for Season. I always feel better having my downstairs clean right after breakfast. I feel like I can accomplish more in a cleaner house.
The rest of Today's plan: Play with the kids. Do a little bit of Laundry. Work on my Personal Progress and Scripture Reading. Shower at some point. :) Find a new recipe to try for dinner tonight.( I'm getting bored of the same old) Walk to the mail boxes to see if anyone loves us besides the billing companies. Go to the Sky View Basketball game tonight.
Just a regular day at the Swenson home. It's gonna be a good one. :)
2 comments:
I love the day to day posts from moms! While it is run of the mill and may seem mundane it is actually very entertaining for me to see how others are spending their days. It sounds like such a lovely day you are having. :) I hope it continues to go great!
That sounds pretty familiar. I'm glad you can find the love and the joy in the simple moments like watching your son drink his cereal. I loved that image. Have a GREAT day!
Post a Comment