I went to my first zumba class last night thanks to some awesome persistent gals from church! This was a big deal because I've actually had quite a fear of doing any sort of work out class. I've never taken an aerobics class or anything like it because I'm pretty uncoordinated. I never was good at dance when I was little, and every time we play "Just Dance" John beats me. I'm always afraid I'll be the one that people are watching saying, "Look at her! She has no idea what she is doing!" Last night I might have been that person, but I know I wasn't the only one and so it was ok. I actually LOVED it.
The instructor is a cute little Latino lady that is just a ball of energy. The music is all in Spanish so I have no idea what they are saying, and at least once during every song she blows her whistle and everyone yells "Wooooo!" or "Ay yay yay" or something like that. There were at least 50 people there last night so it's always a good turn out, and they are all shapes, sizes, and ages. She holds the class at an LDS gym and the best part is... It's FREE!
So here's to Zumba and every Thursday night, getting my shake on! Woo Hoo!
4 comments:
Out of the entire dancing Zumba universe, there isn't a more awkward looking dancer than yours truly. Why can't I look like the sexy Latinas shakin their things? Seriously, SO ridiculous. But yes, it's still fun, and hopefully everyone is looking at themselves so they don't notice elbows and hips flying all over the place.
Yes! I love Zumba too! Enjoy!
How fun! I've done zumba a few times and really like it :)
Sounds so much fun! I wish I could join it... I'm supposedly a "latina", but I can't dance at all! So I guess I needed to take classes like that.
Your babies look adorable, by the way. I love the way they interact to each other, so little and already best friends. :-)
Post a Comment