Saturday, March 24, 2012

Kid Number 1

Cache

Yesterday when we were outside playing I looked at Cache on our neighbors bike and he seemed so grown up.

 Cache loves babies. Any baby, real or toy. Again, yesterday one of our neighbors had her two babies with her and Cache just loved on them, played with them, tickled them, talked in high pitched sing-songy tones, kissed them, and made them love him back. I have to say it pretty much melted every adults heart that was around too. How can you resist that???

 Remember the bike Cache got for Christmas? Well, it's not been in working order till recently and so we've gotten it out a few times. The problem is he doesn't know how to pedal. Does every child have this problem? I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to teach him. I guess he just needs lots of practice? Cache is the child that has helped me appreciate the simple things I take for granted, like being able to pedal a bike.

Cache makes us laugh daily now with some of the things he says. He's getting really good at pronouncing things. I kinda miss the way he said "dipey" for diaper, and "beep" for orange. He still calls himself "Da" when you ask him what his name is but he did actually say it correctly the other day so it won't be long before that goes too. He also repeats everything we say, though I haven't heard him call his Daddy "hun" lately like I do. But he will tell John to "Stop it!" while laughing, every time he honks the horn at the people walking on the street, while I bury my head and hiss "Stop It!"

 Cache likes to tease. Sometimes I'm in the mood. Lately though, I'm usually not. It's always at awkward times like when we're at the Library and I have to chase him around the aisles (Yep I'm that mom, with that kid) or when I'm trying to get out the door. Or when Season really "NEEDS" her sippy and he takes it from her. Ahhh... That kid can drive me crazy sometimes! But I'm trying to remember that he usually isn't just being willfully rebellious, but teasing. *Big Sigh*

 Cache still likes to wake up VERY early, and still doesn't always sleep through the night without coming to check on us. Last night he didn't wake up once but was up at 5:45. And then Season was too just seconds later. Cache is starting to fight me on his naps a little more than usual as well. I'm wondering how long they're going to last. I'm not ready for them to be over! 

Eating can still be a struggle. Let's face it, there's just better things to do. But there are a few things he likes. Usually when I ask him what he wants he come up with pancakes and eggs, Spaghetti-Os or Macaroni and Cheese. His favorite drink is "cha-cha-a milk"

I need to fix my jogging stroller so that the strap on his side will actually hold him in. I'm often stopping a run to put him back in.

Sometimes we get to go on long drives with Daddy to help deliver packages that have been misloaded  on the truck. On the way back from one such drive I turned around to see Cache almost all the way unbuckled from his car seat, rolling the window down and then opening the door. John and I both freaked, I jumped in the back and John pulled over and then we both lectured Cache. He thought it was great fun. YIKES!!! Child Safety locks are on ALL the time now!

Cache is still my big helper. Lately he likes to help me set the table, put away his laundry, and occasionally stir things while I'm cooking. He is the first to hear Season when she wakes up from her nap and if he hasn't seen her for more than 2 minutes he goes searching.

The other day I heard Cache singing "I Am a Child of God" to Season. I was in a different room and so I stayed where they couldn't see me so I wouldn't interrupt the magic. Cache knows ALL the Words!!! It surprised me because he has never sung with us but only does the actions to most of the songs we've sung to him. This prompted John and I to see if he knew other songs as well. If we start them and prompt a little throughout he will sing the "ABC" song, "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", "Wheels on the Bus", "Ring Around the Rosie", "Little Bunny Foo Foo", "I love You", "The Wise Man and the Foolish Man", "Book of Mormon Stories", and probably a ton of other ones that I don't even realize. This made me one Happy Mamma! 


Cache is a pretty cool kid. John and I are always talking about the cute things he does, says, or just about what a very good boy he is. We truly are blessed to have our Cache.

1 comment:

Traci said...

Oh he sure is such a sweet boy! That's pretty impressive that he knows all those songs, awesome! We need to get together again soon, especially since it's warming up now!.