This month's 5k was the Shamrock Shuffle in Smithfield. John's family was awesome and came and ran it with Emily and I. Abbey even came on her 16th birthday! Such a trooper! John was helping one of our good friends move that morning so I had to bring the kids, but Dave pushed Cache in one stroller, and my BIL Josh pushed Season & her cousin Grahm. If I had had to push the stroller I would not have done as well. Josh said the stroller with the windshield acted as a kite and I believe him! The other morning when I ran it took FOREVER in the wind!
This 5k was the hardest for me. The uphill in the wind beginning and end just about did me in. At one point I really thought I was going to end up getting blown into the parking lot next to the road. I couldn't figure out how the people that finished a mile ahead of me were cutting through the wind. When I came around the corner at the end I was a little discouraged because I thought the clock said 37 min. My fastest time before was 34. When I got a little closer I realized it was 31! I got a little bit of a boost after that and booked it in to try to make it under 31:40! I was happy with my time and I guess all that running with the kids every week is helping. :)
Next 5k is at Thanksgiving Point in April! John said he'd run with me this time since my running buddy Emily will be away for the summer. Wahoo for John running with me.:) I'll miss Em though. :(
![]() |
| Abbey and me at the end of the race. |
![]() |
| Abbey looks so cute, even after just running! Her face isn't even red at all compared to my cherry face. |
![]() | ||
| The kiddos and me. |
I'm sad we didn't get a picture of the whole group. :(
Next time! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment