Week 1 went really well! I stuck pretty closely to my dinner menus. Only had to go back to the store once because I underestimated how much bread and cheese we eat for Breakfast and Lunch. We kept the groceries to under $100 this week. I didn't eat out at all! I even really wanted to take my friend a lunch and visit with her, but had to just bring her a PB Sandwich. Haha. Poor girl! Next month I'll bring her Restaurant food. :) All our activities were FREE this week! We went to play group at the mall play area, the Library Story Time, and that's pretty much it. Ha! The rest of the time we spent playing inside. I even felt like I kept up on housework better this week. Having a little bit of organization seems to be helping in other areas too! :)
Week 2, I'm excited to try again. Hopefully Groceries will be well under $100, but I do have diapers to buy this week and I buy in bulk, we'll see.
Our weekly Menu is HERE. This has the recipes and the grocery list linked to it as well.
2 comments:
Anna- Good for you guys. Hope you don't mind I am following your spending fast. It has motivated me to try and stick our 100/week grocery budget that I am terrible at. I am making Taylor shop this month because he sticks to the list and I don't :) Keep up the great job and thanks for the inspiration for us to try harder.
(Sorry- this is Tara (Miller) Whitney :) - )
Post a Comment