* Post includes Menu, Grocery List and Update of last week.
Last Weeks Update
We did good again! :) Less than $100 for groceries, no eating out, or activities that cost money! Woohoo! And I just checked the bank account and we are on track to save a lot of money! I'm embarrassed to say the actual amount. All that money we've been wasting away each month! Ugh!
Over the course of the last few weeks one thing I've learned is that I needed to have some sort of reward for us at the end of a "Spending Fast" week. For us that reward was taking a little bit of the grocery money we didn't spend and getting Ice cream on either Friday or Saturday night. Also, if I do it again, I'll give my awesome husband some cash at the beginning of each week to spend on whatever he likes. He more than deserves it for putting up with my crazy ideas, and for making all the money! Haha. :)
Menu
This week for our dinners I am using our Frozen Meals (see the last Spending Fast update ). I have exactly 7! Perfect! This will bring our weekly grocery bill down considerably and the left over money will go to Easter Dinner/Egg Hunts and Presents from the Easter Bunny. Still sticking to $100 for everything!
Sunday:
Breakfast - Eggs and Toast
Lunch - snacks -Granola bars, fruit snacks, dry Ramen for me. (don't judge)
Dinner - Tin foil dinners
Monday:
Breakfast-Waffles
Lunch -Ramen
Dinner - Frozen Dinner (Lasagna)
Tuesday:
Breakfast- Eggs and Toast
Lunch -Home made mini corn dogs.
Dinner -Frozen Dinner (Poppy Seed Chicken)
Wednesday:
Breakfast- Cream of Wheat
Lunch - Sandwiches
Dinner - Frozen Dinner (Enchiladas)
Thursday:
Breakfast- Pancakes
Lunch - Quesadillas
Dinner - Frozen Dinner (Broccoli Chicken)
Friday:
Breakfast- Cereal
Lunch - Sandwiches
Dinner - Frozen Dinner (Taquitos)
Saturday:
Breakfast - Breakfast Burritos
Lunch - Macaroni
Dinner - Frozen Dinner (Chicken Crescents)
Sunday:
Breakfast -Eggs and Toast
Lunch - snacks -Granola bars, fruit snacks, dry Ramen for me. (don't judge)
Dinner - Ham, Potatoes, Rolls, Salad, and probably more. :)
Grocery List
My Grocery List for this week:
Bread
fruits
veggies.
If I'd been smart I would have gotten a Bountiful Basket last week and we'd be covered. :)
1 comment:
Oh boy, I love you! I laugh out loud every time I read "dry Ramen for me (don't judge)"
Two big thumbs up from me for all this. I should really try it. Grocery shopping is my weakness. I love it so much and get way too carried away on meals.
Post a Comment