Update on Week 2! We did good! We did have a small unexpected check come in the mail so we treated ourselves on Saturday when we were in Ogden with my Sis and BIL. Plus we did a little birthday shopping this week too for a friend and my SIL Abbey, but other than that we didn't spend any money! And when we did, boy was I careful. This has been such a great experience so far, just to make myself more aware of how much I really can do with less.
Also, with our meals last week I was able to divide half of my recipes and freeze the other half for later. Right now I have 4 frozen dinners waiting for me for next month. I love doing this for several reasons.
1. If someone in my neighborhood or ward (church congregation) needs a meal taken to them, there is something quick and easy and delicious I can bring them.
2. Sometimes I get tired of cooking and need to just pop something in the oven! :)
3. Most of the time with these recipes we have left overs that ALWAYS go to waste! We are horrible at eating left overs! Splitting them into two meals helps us cut back on waste!
4. I really do like to cook, and I've seen a lot of blogs/pins that talk about one-day-a-month cooking. I like the concept! I CAN'T spend that much time in the kitchen. Seriously, what would my house and my children look like at the end?! Ha! kinda funny to picture actually. When I split my regular dinner meals I'm spending the same amount of time and getting two meals for one.
Also, with our meals last week I was able to divide half of my recipes and freeze the other half for later. Right now I have 4 frozen dinners waiting for me for next month. I love doing this for several reasons.
1. If someone in my neighborhood or ward (church congregation) needs a meal taken to them, there is something quick and easy and delicious I can bring them.
2. Sometimes I get tired of cooking and need to just pop something in the oven! :)
3. Most of the time with these recipes we have left overs that ALWAYS go to waste! We are horrible at eating left overs! Splitting them into two meals helps us cut back on waste!
4. I really do like to cook, and I've seen a lot of blogs/pins that talk about one-day-a-month cooking. I like the concept! I CAN'T spend that much time in the kitchen. Seriously, what would my house and my children look like at the end?! Ha! kinda funny to picture actually. When I split my regular dinner meals I'm spending the same amount of time and getting two meals for one.
So here is Week 3's Menu
and Grocery List
Our grocery list is smaller this week because I'm making meals out of stuff I mostly already have, but I do have other personal items on the list that will probably make up for it. I found that to be the case last week.
Our grocery list is smaller this week because I'm making meals out of stuff I mostly already have, but I do have other personal items on the list that will probably make up for it. I found that to be the case last week.
No comments:
Post a Comment