This is the grocery list for the Week 1 (Spending Fast) Menu. Pretty basic folks, this list will include all the things I need for my meals this week. Some ingredients I already have in my cupboards, but you might not so check the recipes to make sure you get everything you need as well. I break up my list based on the order the grocery store I go to has their departments set up so it's easier to check things off.
*As I typed this up I'm starting to think this might cost me more than $100 and that is all I've budgeted for this week. If that is the case when I get there then I will take things out like the 2nd chicken and breads and try my best at making my own. Ugh! I'm the worst at making bread! Like REALLY REALLY bad at it! Also, we don't really need the bacon this week, could wait a week, so that might have to go. And if the cheese is too expensive I'll go to Gossners and get their odd shaped cheese that is always a lower price. I'm thinking there is probably a recipe I could find for Alfredo sauce too that might be cheaper?
Anyway, there you have it. Again, this is my FIRST time, so any feedback helps. :)
Produce
Bag of Lettuce/salad mix
Onion
Fresh fruits and veggies (For snacks and sides)
Breads
Tortillas
Garlic Bread
Hamburger Buns
1 loaf of bread ( Just to hold me over till I get my Bountiful Basket)
Meats
Eggs
1 bag Frozen Chicken
1 small chicken (I'm being
brave and am going to try to cook and take apart my own chicken after a
friend told me this is what her family does.)
1 5 lb tube of ground beef
Bacon
Sandwich Meat ( 2 pckgs of Ham 1 Turkey)
Thin Beef Strips
Dairy
Butter
Sour Cream
Blocks of Cheddar cheese
Mozzarella cheese
Cottage Cheese
Ethnic foods
Egg Noodles
Bertolli Alfredo Sauce
Prego Spaghetti Sauce
Taco Seasoning
Canned/ Boxed foods/ Cooking Items
Macaroni
Ginger Seasoning
Baking Items
Muffin Mix
Canned Fruits and Veggies
3 Cans Pineapple chunks
1 comment:
I've been doing a 2 week menu since our first year of marriage. It works like a charm! It really helps you stay away from restaurants and saves lots of money. When I used to get the newspaper, I would plan my menu according to the sale papers, and the coupons.
I do the main grocery shopping every other week, then pick up produce as needed.
Its so nice having the menu and never wondering what to have dinner. Never sifting through cabinets wondering what to make with what you have. Have you ever looked into the Food Nanny? She has a great book and separates her dinners into specific nights. Like Italian Night, Mexican Night, etc. She used to have a show on BYU-TV. I'm not sure if its still on or not.
http://blog.thefoodnanny.org/2012/04/30/my-meal-plangrocery-list-templates/
I also have a long list of all of the dinners I make, separated into Chicken, Beef & Vegetarian sections. It helps menu planning take only minutes.
Post a Comment