Since it's the 1st I'm including today and Saturday on next week's menu and that's why I'm getting it out today. I will link all the meals that I have a recipe to go with to the recipe which I am also starting to put on this blog. Hmmmm... Maybe I need a separate blog for this. This is getting to be quite the project... a 10 hour project!?! Yes! One BIG Personal Progress project checked off after this month! Totally worth it! :)
Also, as I was writing up the menu I realize we are not the healthiest eaters. When you look at the recipes you will probably realize that even more. That being said, I can only work on a few things at a time, and so I'm sure as I get use to this I will start focusing on changing some of the recipes to be healthier. I'd love any suggestions with this as well. :) Still, so much to learn!
I just now decided to do one "Meat Free" meal a week. It's cheaper! :) Speaking of meats you'll notice I alternate USUALLY (there may occasionally be an exception) between chicken and beef. I'm kinda weird that way and don't like seeing two chicken or beef things next to each other on the menu. I'm not usually OCD like that, but whatever.
And last but not least. Most of the meals, dinner especially, will be accompanied by some sort of bread and/or veggie or fruit. These will be whatever I find on sale at the grocery store. I like fresh best, but I may end up going with canned or frozen veggies occasionally, mostly to save on cost since it is winter and we can't grow anything in the 3 feet of snow we have out our front door.
I will also be getting a Bountiful Basket that will be included in our grocery bill, but obviously has to be paid with debit :(. We will get creative with whatever fruits and veggies come with the basket. This is also where I get my bread from. It's a 9 grain bread. 5 loaves for $12.50 and it freezes great!
Now that all that is out of the way, here's the menu.
Friday:
Breakfast- Cereal
Lunch -A friend invited us over for lunch! Free! So nice of her! Thanks Trina! We ate Grilled Cheese.
Dinner - Beef Stroganoff (Waiting for permission to share the recipe. :) I got it from a friend. :))
Saturday:
Breakfast - Breakfast Burritos
Lunch - Sandwiches
Dinner - Homemade Pizza (Don't have a favorite recipe yet for this one, but I'll post when I do. And please feel free to share yours! :) )
Sunday:
Breakfast -(Yep, it's Fast Sunday but I'm pregnant and my kids are too young to go without a meal so)- Pancakes
Lunch - (During church) snacks -Granola bars, fruit snacks, dry Ramen for me. (don't judge)
Dinner - Dinner at the in-laws. Love them!
Monday:
Breakfast- Cream of Wheat
Lunch - Macaroni
Dinner - Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Tuesday:
Breakfast- Eggs and Toast
Lunch - Ramen
Dinner - Alfredo Pasta (Half a Package of Egg Noodles and a jar of Bertolli's Alfredo Sauce) No meat meal of the week.
Wednesday:
Breakfast- Cereal
Lunch - Sandwiches
Dinner - Chicken Tacos
Thursday:
Breakfast- Pancakes
Lunch - Leftovers
Dinner -Easy Lasagna
Friday:
Breakfast- Muffins and Fruit
Lunch - Quesadillas
Dinner - Ham and Potato Crockpot Casserole
Saturday:
Breakfast - Breakfast Burritos
Lunch - Sandwiches
Dinner - Hamburgers
The link to my Grocery List is HERE: :)
1 comment:
I love that you still eat dry ramen
Post a Comment